Location: Young's Mountain, Lake Lure NC, near Chimney Rock NC, and approximately 30 miles east of Asheville.
Cost: $125/night or $800 per week, (plus tax) and $75 cleaning fee for any amount of stay.
(Year round rental, with central heat and air conditioning)
Restrictions: NO SMOKING. Responsible adults/families only; this is a private home.
The Cabin is indeed on top of a mountain, in a safe and private community. The community has customary maintained mountain roads. It is a 1.7 mile road to the top, which has the usual switchbacks and appropriate steep grade. I climb this road routinely with my 4 cylinder, front wheel drive Toyota Corolla. Renters with hybrids have climbed the road. Small rear-wheel drive pick-up trucks do not do well.
* fully-furnished modern log cabin, built 2003
* spectacular long-range views to North (to Mt. Mitchell State Park) and SC
* approximately 1500 sq ft
* main level with open living, dining and kitchen area
* Queen master bedroom with long range mountain views, private full bath, and access to deck and spa.
* Loft with double futon bed, single bed, a game/puzzle/activity table, books & puzzles
* Lower level queen bedroom with full bath, long range mountain views, and access to patio.
* Deck with table, chairs and spa (additional folding chairs on site)
* Linens provided
* TV (rabbit ears, no satellite or cable), DVD, extra movies on site.
* Stereo with CD changer
* washer and dryer
* fireplace with gas logs
* fully equipped kitchen: flatware/dishes for 12, glassware, mugs, hand mixer, drip and percolating coffee makers, microwave, toaster oven, cookware, dish towels, oven mitts, cloth napkins, all typical utensils and accessories, and dishwasher
* Charcoal grill
* Plenty of opportunity to step out the door to go on walks, or simply read and be lazy!
There is no Wi-fi at the cabin, but I promise you will find connection.
Activities/sites in the area:
The towns of Lake Lure and Chimney Rock have restaurants, shops, a River Walk along the Broad River, a Municiple Park with hiking Trails (Lake Lure, Rt. 9), and access to the lake to swim and or go boating. Chimney Rock Park offers well-maintained hiking trails with stunning overlooks and granite outcroppings.
Lake Lure: http://www.lake-lure.com/
Lake Lure Adventure Company; waterboarding, waterskiing, knee boarding, tubing, fishing, kayaking, etc.: http://lakelureadventurecompany.com/
Boating/Boat rentals: http://www.townoflakelure.com/marina_rental_rates.htm
Swimming at Lake Lure: http://lakelure.com/tours/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3&Itemid=4
Canopy Ridge Farm; Zipline Tours, RiverTubing and Kayaking: http://www.canopyridgefarm.com/Home_Page.html
Gemstone mining: http://www.chimneyrockgemmine.com/
Horseback Riding: Cedar Creek Stables; http://www.cedarcreekstables.com/
Chimney Rock park: http://www.chimneyrockpark.com/
Dinner Cruises: http://www.rumblingbald.com/dining/cruise/
Massage/spa services: http://lakelure.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=7&Itemid=12
Day trips to Asheville, Black Mountain, Hendersonville and many more offer wonderful regional touring adventures!
Biltmore House: http://www.biltmore.com/
Black Mountain: http://www.blackmountain.org/
Flat Rock, Hendersonville, and Carl Sandburg’s home: http://www.historichendersonville.org/sandburg_tour.htm
Pisgah National Forest: http://www.historichendersonville.org/pisgah_forest_tour.htm,
Questions/reservations: firstname.lastname@example.org, OR
LAKE LURE & CHIMNEY ROCK AREA: